The Benefits of Professional Rat Exterminators
Rats are the largest species of rodents that commonly infest homes. They are intelligent and can be frighteningly aggressive toward humans and other predators. It is typically safe for a homeowner to trap mice due to their docile nature and healthy fear of humans—rats are another matter.
Understanding the Hazards and Difficulties
Trapping rats should only be attempted by a professional exterminator to avoid harm to you and your family due to common characteristics, such as:
- Hesitation to approach new objects, including traps and poison
- Strength and intelligence, which gives them the ability to break free of a trap
- Aggressive behavior toward people
Poisoning rats may also pose challenges because:
- They carry diseases that can be harbored in their corpses
- People disposing of poisoned rats risk exposure to illnesses
- Rats can spread diseases as they travel throughout a building, and this critter does not die quickly when poisoned
Reasons to Hire a Professional
Professional rat exterminators use special safety equipment and disposal methods that keep themselves and others safe. Professionals will also be able to identify and address whether an entire rat nest is present in your home, or if you only have one critter, which can save you future heart ache.
Critter Control® of Gainesville provides expert rat extermination services, so home or business owners do not need to face the dangers of rat trapping and extermination alone. Please call us at 352.372.3922 for professional help with your rat problem.